Weed butter is the best way to get pot into your weed edibles. If you want to make things like weed cookies, a weed cake or even marijuana brownies it’s best to start by making weed butter. You can’t just mix some dried weed into cookie dough and bake it. Well you could, but your pot cookies would taste terrible. They also wouldn’t be as potent as they could have been. You want your weed cookies to reach their full potential, right? So sit back and relax while we explain how to make the best weed butter ever in just a few simple steps.
Weed butter, some times called cannabutter or cannabis butter, is pretty easy to make. You basically just melt butter, add weed, simmer, strain and you’re done. However we’ve seen people waste a ton of weed trying to make weed butter. Either they burn it which makes their weed brownies taste more like weed frownies or they just don’t extract enough THC—making their weed edibles ineffective.
Weed butter recipe
This is the best weed butter recipe ever because it’s virtually fool-proof, dude. Master this simple cannabutter recipe and you’re well on your way to making the best pot brownies or space cake. Unlike most of the cannabutter recipes out there this one utilizes water so you don’t burn the weed butter or waste your precious weed. Keep in mind though that your marijuana butter is only going to be as good the marijuana you use to make it. Use bad weed and you’ll wind up with weed edibles that tastes like bad weed. Even if you choose the absolute best way to make cannabutter or choose to make a quick and easy cannabutter, if you use inferior products as ingredients you’ll have an inferior product. So use good weed and your marijuana butter and marijuana brownies won’t taste like shit. Plus they’ll get you hella stoned.
For this weed butter recipe you’ll need:
- A wooden spoon
- A medium saucepan
- Butter (use about 1 pound of butter to every ounce of weed)
- Containers and lids
To make weed butter simply follow these steps:
- Slap a medium saucepan down on the stove. Flow in some water and bring that shit to a boil. The amount of water doesn’t matter, man. Just make sure your weed’s always floating about an inch or two above the bottom of the pan or it will scorch.
- Stir in the butter. Use non-salted if you want, but just T=try not to burn yourself, dude—hot water is hot. So is hot butter. So turn down the flame if shit gets too hot.
- Once the butter has melted drop in your weed and stir. You don’t just toss whole coffee beans into a coffee filter do ya? So the finer-ground the weed the better. Think kief consistency, dude.
- Now get stoned. While our cannabutter simmers we usually like to smoke a few joints or take a couple dabs and watch TV. Simmer the weed butter for about three hours. Some people simmer their pot butter overnight. Up to you. You can tell it’s done when the top of the mix turns from a normal watery consistency to a thick and glossy, bong-water-like consistency.
- Strain your weed butter mix into containers. Use cheesecloth, man, that way there won’t be any bits of weed in your weed butter . Waste not want not—so ring the shit outta that cheesecloth like it just fucking cheated on you. And then toss it in the trash along with all your Coldplay collection.
- Get more stoned. Then pop your weed butter in the fridge overnight. Sorry, dude, but you’ve got to wait for the water and the pot butter to separate. You don’t want soggy pot butter do you? You can’t make weed cake with soggy pot butter.
- By now the weed butter should and the water should have separated. Run a knife around the edge of the container and the canna butter or flip the container upside down and pluck out your precious weed butter.
That’s it. You’re done, man. Now you can use your cannabutter in weed brownies and space cakes and things. cooking with cannabutter is simple. Just make sure you pay attention to the cannabutter ratio. If you know how much weed you used to make the cannabutter and how much butter you used, you’ll have a good idea of how potent your weed butter will be.
Have a favorite weed butter recipe you’d like to share or maybe a a recipe for your favorite cannabutter cookies? Share it in the comments section below, dude…