A new study proves that newlyweds who smoke marijuana are less prone to domestic violence. Researchers looked at 634 couples over nine years of marriage and found that husbands who smoked weed were less likely to be violent towards their wives, according to the Journal Psychology of Addictive Behavior.
The study, published published August 18, also revealed that husbands who smoked weed were also less likely to be the victim of violence themselves. And get this…couples who smoked marijuana together had the best hope for peace of all.
“We found that more frequent marijuana use by husbands and wives predicted less frequent [intimate partner violence] perpetration by husbands. Husbands’ marijuana use also predicted less frequent IPV perpetration by wives. Moderation analyses demonstrated that couples in which both spouses used marijuana frequently reported the least frequent IPV perpetration.”
Need more convincing that marijuana is good for your marriage? Here are 5 more reasons…
5. Marijuana is a known stress inhibitor. And there ain’t nothin’ more stressful than life. So why not smoke pot? It’s perfectly acceptable to relax with a martini or a glass of wine at the end of the day—so it should be totally acceptable to blaze a blunt too.
4. Listen, you can either be right or you could be in a relationship. Smoke enough weed where you don’t give a shit if you’re right or wrong and you’ll remain married dude, trust us.
3. Marijuana diffuses anger. It’s pretty difficult to be pissed off when you’re stoned, man.
2. Marijuana makes women happy. Ever hear the adage, “happy wife, happy life”? Guess what? It’s fucking true. It’s a proven fact that women who use marijuana are less stressed and experience a greater degree of happiness. Well, maybe it’s not proven yet, but we’re working on it.
1. Marijuana is an aphrodisiac and smoking it can lead to sex. Need we say more?
Leave a Reply