Insomnia is a very common issue all around the globe, and in America alone, around 10% of adults experience sleep deprivation at least three times per week. A recent study showed that less than half of these people said that a poor night’s sleep didn’t affect their daily lives. This means more than 5% of Americans struggle to get things done due to sleeping disorders.
It is no wonder so many people have been looking to find something to help them sleep. A lot of folks have been using prescription drugs, but a lot of the medicines on the market produce harmful side effects. Some even find themselves getting addicted to these drugs. So it’s not surprising people have been using CBD to help improve their quality of sleep. It’s a natural alternative that produces little to no adverse effects.
People have been using cannabis products for medicinal and recreational purposes for thousands of years. The stigma surrounding the controversial plant seems to be fading away, especially in countries where they have legalized marijuana for both recreational and medicinal use. However, even in countries where there are no authorized weed dealers, many allow the sale of CBD products.
CBD, which is a non-psychoactive compound found, can be found in weed plants. CBD oil is found in almost every part of the plant, including the seeds, leaves, and even the stems. Because it has no psychoactive properties, users who take the substance won’t get “high”, which is why so many governments around the world allow the sale of CBD products. Although some people still look negatively at anything that comes from cannabis plants, with lots of research published worldwide showing the benefits of the substance, more and more people are being made aware of the benefits of CBD products, like CBD oil.
Marijuana plants contain over five hundred different compounds, including cannabinoids and flavonoids. One of these active compounds is CBD (cannabidiol) and another is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). THC however, does contain psychoactive properties, so users tend to get high when they consume THC products. These two compounds are the reason why there are a wide array of health benefits in cannabis plants.
What are the Health Benefits of CBD?
In the past, the stereotypical cannabis user was someone who sits on the couch all day, watching reruns of Cheech and Chong movies, while eating unhealthy snacks throughout the day. Although these people still exist, there are all types of people using cannabis products nowadays, especially CBD. Because users don’t get “stoned”, it makes it much more appealing to those who want to take it for medicinal purposes. Here are a few of the health benefits for those who want to use CBD oil:
- Chronic Pain: Many people who suffer from chronic pain find it difficult to manage. Many turn to dangerous prescription drugs like opiates to help them with pain relief, but this is the last resort for a lot of people. CBD oil works as a natural solution, which thousands of people take advantage of to help them manage chronic pain. Pain can have a major impact on a person’s sleep quality, so CBD oil can help you kill two birds with one stone!
- Depression: Mental health problems like depression are extremely common nowadays, especially since the outbreak of Covid-19. Depression is one of the leading causes of sleep deprivation. CBD oil can help alleviate feelings of depression which can promote a better quality sleep.
- PTSD: CBD affects the REM in our brains while we sleep at night, which controls our dreams when we sleep. Many people who suffer from PTSD have trouble sleeping because of nightmares. CBD can help stop people from remembering their dreams so they can have a better quality of sleep. Although there is very little evidence that shows that this works, many people who suffer from PTSD claim that the substance works.
- Cancer: For those suffering from chronic pain due to cancer, CBD can help with pain relief. Many cancer patients use the substance to help prevent these cancerous cells from growing.
- Heart: CBD oil can help make your heart stronger, and it can also relieve cardiovascular problems.
- Epilepsy: Those who suffer from severe epilepsy often use CBD oil for seizure treatment.
These are just a few of the many health benefits that CBD oil is known to produce. If you are thinking about using CBD oil for health problems, speak to a medically trained professional first, especially if you are taking medicine for an underlying health condition. Mixing CBD with other drugs can cause issues, so ask for advice before you start to use the substance.
What are the Adverse side effects of CBD Oil?
Although there are very few side effects when using CBD, in comparison to prescription medicines, they are not very strong. Here are a few adverse effects that many people get when using CBD oil:
- Dry mouth: Some people claim that CBD gives them a dry mouth and makes them feel thirsty.
- Fatigue: The substance is known to cause fatigue, which is why it works for those who want to fall asleep. It does make people feel sleepy, even during the day, so make sure you know when to take the substance.
- Appetite: CBD can alter a person’s appetite, sometimes making them feel extremely hungry after taking it. For some people, this can lead to weight gain.
- Stomach problems: It’s rare, but some claim that CBD upsets their stomach, sometimes causing diarrhea.
CBD can make people feel dizzy, so avoid using heavy machinery after taking it. For more information about CBD products, check out this advice from CBD queen.
How can you take CBD Oil?
Just because the compound comes from a cannabis plant, doesn’t mean you have to roll it up into a big joint. There are plenty of different ways that people CBD oil, including the following:
- Vaping: You have probably seen people vape in public. It has been a huge player in the tobacco industry over the last ten years, but did you know that you can vape CBD oil too? There are a lot of vaping devices designed specifically to vape CBD oil readily available on the market. If you want the effects of CBD oil to kick in immediately, vaping CBD will send the substance to your bloodstream in a very short space of time. If you are looking to feel sleepy without having to wait around, vaping might prove to be your best option.
- Topical application: Topical products like CBD lotions, ointments, and patches have become extremely popular in recent years, especially among females.
- Edibles: There are lots of CBD-infused products available, like CBD gummies, cakes, drinks, etc.
- Sublingual application: There are lots of CBD oil tinctures available. CBD users put these under their tongue and wait for the effect to kick in.
You might have to try a few different CBD products until you find one that suits you. A lot of those who use CBD products post reviews online about different CBD items available on the market. If you are struggling to sleep at night, it might be worth your while checking out what other people have to say about different CBD oils they have tried before you spend your hard-earned money.
Leave a Reply