Smoking cessation is one of the things that can’t be easy. Even non-smokers know this. Everyone has a friend who tried or is trying to quit. Traditional ways of breaking the habit are going cold turkey, incrementally cutting off the number of cigarettes you use daily, and using nicotine replacement therapy products like patches or gums. If you’re reading this article, I can suppose that you’ve already tried these methods and found them ineffective for you.
Today, vaping is becoming a popular tool for quitting tobacco. Smokers replace insidious cigarettes with the latest intelligent vaporizers. In fact, vaping marijuana has the potential to help people leave their harmful habit.
Marijuana, or cannabis, is the most popular illicit drug. 31 states and Washington, DC have legalized its medical use, and 9 states and Washington, DC, have legalized it recreationally. Doctors prescribe it for the treatment of different physical and mental diseases and alleviating some of the symptoms.
But marijuana is still considered to be an illegal substance at the federal level. There’s a strong belief that cannabis is as safe as alcohol, and even safer than tobacco products and that it should be legal like these substances.
Can Marijuana Help You Quit Smoking?
Smokers can wean themselves of smoking cigarettes by rolling a joint or consuming cannabis using the best herbal vaporizer (more info here). These are not empty words, but a scientifically proven fact.
Research conducted at University College London, UK, examined whether cannabidiol (CBD), which is the second most common active ingredient in marijuana, could affect cigarette consumption.
24 smokers willing to quit received either an inhaler of CBD or a placebo to use during a week whenever they want to light up a cigarette. As a result, participants treated with placebo reached no differences in the number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, CBD treatment reduced the number of smoked cigarettes by as much as 40%.
Researches have come to the next conclusions:
- cannabidiol can help reduce cigarette consumption over a week;
- cannabidiol may be used to treat nicotine addiction.
How Does Cannabis Help Smokers Cope with Their Addiction?
You already know that weed can make you free from cigarettes. But what is its direct intervention with it?
- It eases the withdrawal symptoms.
When a person stops using tobacco, nicotine withdrawal symptoms quickly manifest themselves. They include:
- trouble sleeping;
- increased appetite;
- difficulty concentrating;
As it has been already mentioned, marijuana is used to treat various health problems, including the signs of withdrawal. It can help to:
- relieve nausea;
- control weight gain;
- normalize your sleep patterns;
- cure mental disorders, including bad moods, anxiety, and depression.
Perhaps, the most severe withdrawal symptoms are intense cravings for nicotine. Celia Morgan, Ph.D., who is a co-author of the above-described study, says that CBD seems to weaken “the salience of cues”.
- Vaping marijuana helps to cope with triggering situations.
Smokers usually have parts of the routine or emotional states associated with smoking. A marijuana vape pen can be helpful when it comes to coping with the triggering situations:
- It calms you down in stressful situations. Many smokers say that the major reason they can’t break their dangerous habit is a lot of stress they face in their lives. Cannabis is known to aid relaxation, making it helpful in combating stress and anxiety.
- It accompanies boredom or enjoyment. Once smokers feel bored, they light up a cigarette. When they are at a party, they also indulge themselves with a cigarette. It’s permanent harm to your body. Now you can replace it with an e-cig that is much safer.
- It’s a nice match for coffee. Puffing on a cigarette while having a cup of coffee is common among smokers. If you’re used to this too, accompany your drink with vaping.
Why Is It Better to Vape Cannabis than to Smoke It?
The advantages of using a marijuana vaporizer over the traditional smoking methods are as follows:
- It’s safer. While the debate on the medicinal benefits of marijuana is ongoing, everyone agrees that when smoked, cannabis can be as harmful to your lungs as tobacco. Marijuana lovers tend to inhale more deeply and hold the smoke in their lungs longer. That means longer exposure to tar and toxins.
Vaping doesn’t involve combustion. It heats canna oil, herb/flowers, shatters, or wax extract. Thus, no smoke and toxic chemicals are produced. A user inhales a clean vapor that is rich in active ingredients. According to Public Health England, a prestigious group of highly-qualified scientists, researchers, and public health professionals, vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking.
- It minimizes the risk of lung cancer. “Well, what about the remaining 5 percent?”, you may ask. While vaping can’t be called a totally safe practice, scientists don’t link it with lung cancer. As for marijuana, it’s not blamed for adverse lung health.
- Vaping copies the act of smoking. One of the most challenging parts of quitting smoking is finding something worthwhile to do with your mouth and hands. That’s why some people start to take to eating.
- People often mistakenly take vapers for smokers, as some electronic vape devices resemble conventional cigarettes. If you start using a cannabis vaporizer, you won’t feel like missing your old habit.
- Vaping improves personal hygiene. Switching to vaping means three things:
- no more unpleasant tobacco smell (vapor dissipates quickly, even weed smell is not so distinguishable;
- no more stained teeth or hands (tobacco smoke gives a yellowish coloring to the teeth, hands, and fingernails);
- clean clothes (ashes that fall on your clothes from time to time don’t add points to your image, not to mention the burn holes).
- Vapes are eco-friendly. Tobacco smoke and cigarette butts are responsible for polluting air, water, and ground. It is not an issue with vaping. Second-hand vapor is not harmful. And the devices are recyclable.
Obviously, vaping weed is a better option than smoking. Little secret, buying a herb or canna extracts for vapes is much easier than medical marijuana.
About the author:
Margaret Wilson, a blogger who writes about the healthy way of life (healthy food, sports, motivation etc.)
Now she studies vaping as an alternative for people who are struggling with smoking.
Leave a Reply
One Response to “Quit Smoking Cigarettes And Start Vaping Weed”
This article is very helpful thanks for it. I have also published an article Know How to take care of long hairs