Review by: Thom S. Hunters—A wise man once said, “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro”. Even though it was well after his time, no better words can describe the Puffco Peak Pro.
It’s rare when a company takes their device (in this case the original Puffco Peak) and releases a version that addresses nearly all of the problems users raised with the 2nd iteration. Here are just a few of the nice features the pro brings to the table:
- Qi base charging. If you own a power mat, you can charge your Peak Pro. Its that simple.
- Sturdy. It has a nice weight to the bottom and is in little danger of tipping unless you really hit it off the glass. That would be on you.
- Comes with a foam magnetic case. Not a pelican case by any stretch but it will get the job done. Also makes you look like you may play a tiny guitar.
- Long battery life. I Charged mine in full on Sunday and have been using it exclusively since I got it. I am still at 50% battery like after 3 days.
- The App. This is the gamechanger. Everything from customizing your temperatures to a built-in dab timer. Some of the more gadget like features are “lantern mode” which allows the Peak Pro to function as a small multicolored lantern. It also has a Bluetooth master power switch which will turn off the device from the app.
“But Thom,” you ask, “that’s all well and good, but let us talk brass tacks: How does it perform?”
This little monster is a killer. Load it and set it to high and you will blow clouds comparable to any rig out there especially one small enough to fit in your cup holder in your car. (Thom Hunters does not condone dabbing and driving, but hey when opportunity calls, you must accept the charges. Don’t you?
I foresee cleaning might be tricky, but if you are diligent, it should not be too painstakingly difficult.
In summation, if your going gets weird, go reach for the pro.
Leave a Reply