Here’s how to roll a blunt
How to roll a blunt is something every stoner should know how to do. Out of all the ways to smoke weed, a blunt is one of the most popular. Why? Because they taste good and last a long time. But before we dive into how to roll a blunt exactly, check out our post Spliff, Blunts, Joints What’s the Difference? if you’ve got any questions about the difference between a blunt, spliff or joint. Cool ready for some lessons on rolling a blunt? Let’s do this.
Learning how to roll a blunt begins by gathering all the necessary ingredients. Rolling a blunt requires weed of course, as well as a cigar or blunt wraps, a grinder and a lighter. If you don’t have one we’ve got some tips on how to grind weed without a weed grinder. But do yourself a favor and grab one, dude. They’re around ten bucks on Amazon and no discriminating stoner should be without one. Okay where were we? Oh ya how to roll a blunt.
Before we get to how to roll a blunt let’s circle back to one of the most important ingredients in a blunt, the cigar. The cigar you choose plays a crucial role in a blunt smoking experience so choose wisely, dude. Backwoods, dude. Choose Backwoods. The original backwoods are tasty but we also dig the more mild Sweet and Aromatic ones too. They’re mellow and sweet and don’t have too much of a tobacco taste. Swisher Sweets are really sweet. They’re strongly flavored making them harsh on the throat and they have a really strong tobacco taste as well.
White Owls also have a strong flavor, but not as bad as Swishers. Optimos are cool, but they’re typically dry. Since they have a leaf wrapper, dryness can render them useless due to the fact that the leaf will crumble right in your hands. Garcia y Vega and Dutchmasters are also leaf cigars. Phillies are dope as well.
No matter what brand you choose for crafting a blunt always look freshness and moisture. Don’t buy cigars in boxes covered in dust. And if you can squeeze the blunt a bit to make sure it’s not dried out.
PRO TIP—If you cigars are really dry just wet it really well. After you dump the tobacco CAREFULLY wet the inside and then start flattening it out.
RELATED: How to Roll a Joint
RELATED: How to Roll a Cone Joint
Blunt wraps are also an option. They make blunt rolling easier because you don’t have to go through the process of busting open a cigar and emptying out its contents. Blunt wraps come in a variety of flavors as well. Best flavor blunt wrap? Chocolate, dude.
Weed for a blunt
You didn’t think we would skip talking about the most important ingredient in a blunt did you? What is it you ask? The weed, you stoner. The best type of weed to use in a blunt is weed that’s nicely cured. If anything it should be slightly on the moist and sticky side. That’ll help you shape your blunt. Also don’t grind your weed to fine or you’ll get li’l bits of weed in your mouth. A blunt will use about twice the amount of weed as a 1-¼ sized joint.
Why roll a blunt not a joint?
Why would anyone roll a blunt instead of a joint? Well compared to joints blunts last longer, taste better, are easier to roll, give bigger hits, don’t go out as much as papers, they’re thicker, don’t run as much, they look tastier and they can contain much more herb than you can fit into a joint.
Okay dude if you’ve read all that you’re ready for some serious blunt rolling. So without further adieu here’s how to roll a blunt step by step:
How to roll a blunt
- STEP 1: Lick the blunt until it’s nice and moist. Next take a sharp blade slice lengthwise through the joint. Now dump out the tobacco. Take your time so you don’t tear the blunt wrap. To reduce the amount of nicotine separate and use only the innermost layer of the blunt wrap.
- STEP 2: Now flatten out the blunt wrap and patch up an small tears by licking the wrap, then fold it in half to create a canoe shape.
- STEP 3: Spread your weed evenly down the length of the blunt. Make sure that you use enough weed, a couple grams at least, or your blunt will collapse in on itself while you’re trying to smoke.
- STEP 4: Shape the blunt by carefully folding and rolling. Don’t make the blunt too tight or you won’t get enough air flow through the blunt for good tokes. Next tuck the shorter side of the wrap around the weed and continue rolling. Also don’t pinch the ends shut or you definitely fuck up the air flow. Seal your blunt by licking the remaining paper lengthwise and press down carefully.
- STEP 5: Finally take your lighter and bake the blunt. Spin it while running the flame of your lighter up and down the length of the blunt. Look for the blunt to darken in color slightly as it dries out and reaches perfection.
That’s it dude, you now have a nicely rolled blunt. Now make sure to light it properly. This step is incredibly important. Don’t underestimate this shit or you’ll wind up with a blunt that runs like mad. Now that we’ve got your attention you can move on to the final step:
How to light a blunt
Hold the flame to the tip of the blunt. Spin the blunt around to evenly distribute the heat and ensure that it’s completely lit before you take any puffs. This will minimize the possibility of developing a run. Runs suck but they can be fixed by smearing a little spit on the side that’s burning too quick. This’ll slow down the burn on the one side. If necessary hit the other side with some flame to ensure it’s lit. Once everything is burning properly you can start puffing your blunt like Chong.
How do you roll a blunt? have any tips on rolling blunts? How about you school us on how to roll a perfect blunt in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply